A key component to the online enrollment period is the release of the new Balance Rewards mobile card as part of the Walgreens mobile app. The Walgreens mobile app is available for free and offers several major benefits specific to Balance Rewards:
- Ease: Members can scan their mobile devices right at the register to earn points and savings and redeem awards without carrying around a plastic card.
- Access: Participants can review all purchases and points activity and special member savings through the Walgreens app any time or place within their mobile network service area.
- Print from Facebook: This feature allows users to select photos from Facebook albums to print, and pick up at any local Walgreens in about an hour.
- PrintWorthy: Users can now create and print a PrintWorthy card using a photo from Facebook albums with likes and comments.
- In Store Maps: Customers can use the shopping list feature to map and locate items in any Walgreens store nationwide, down to a particular section of an aisle. Walgreens is the first national retailer with all of its stores mapped in a mobile application.
- QuickPrints: This popular feature is now available for iPad users allowing more mobile users to print photos directly from their mobile devices or even Facebook to any of the Walgreens stores nationwide in about an hour.