SCE is partnering with Corix Utilities Inc. to perform most of the installations. Some important information for those receiving the new meters includes:
- Customers will receive advance notice by mail when installations are scheduled in their neighborhood.
- Customers do not need to be home, but should provide clear access to their meters. The installer will leave a door hanger indicating if the installation was successful, or if an appointment for installation is required due to access issues.
- During a typical residential installation, customers will experience a short power interruption of less than a minute. As an extra measure of protection, customers are encouraged to plug electronic equipment, such as personal computers and televisions, into power surge protectors. Typically, no service interruption is required for smart meter installations at small businesses.
- Customers who operate life support medical equipment at their addresses, or have concerns about power interruptions, may call SCE at 800-973-2356.
- Corix installers carry identification indicating they are approved SCE contractors.
- Smart meter customers will receive follow-up mail, notifying them when new program features and services are available and how to access them.
About Southern California EdisonAn Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, Southern California Edison is one of the nation’s largest electric utilities, serving a population of nearly 14 million via 4.9 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California.