|Top Ten Digital IQ’s:|
|1. Macy's||6. JCPenney|
|2. Nordstrom||7. Bloomingdale's|
|3. Victoria's Secret||8. Crate & Barrel|
|4. Sephora||9. Gap|
|5. American Eagle Outfitters||10. Saks Fifth Avenue|
- In Q2 2012, online retail spending reached $44.3 billion, up 17 percent YoY. E-commerce is expected to grow at a 13.3 percent CAGR, versus flat growth for bricks and mortar.
- For the first time, there is a significant relationship between the size of a retailer’s business and their Digital IQ. The relationship strengthens when looking at the size of a retailer’s online business.
- The Digital IQ of e-tailers fell below the average for the whole category. The top two spots in the 2012 Digital IQ Index®: Specialty Retail were decisively captured by Macy’s and Nordstrom, respectively.
- Amazon.com, boasting a peerless e-commerce experience and a 37 percent share of U.S. M-commerce, is THE force reshaping retail. As Amazon is reinvesting cheap capital in a supply chain to offer same day delivery, eroding one of the few remaining advantages of terrestrial retail.
- M-commerce is now the fastest growing commerce channel in history and the mobile device is influencing more on- and off- line purchases than TV, Print, and often the in-store salesperson. Everyone, including Facebook, has been caught flat-footed by the extraordinary rise of mobile. E-commerce is now M-commerce.
About L2L2 is a think tank for digital innovation. Founded by NYU Stern professor of marketing Scott Galloway, L2 helps prestige brands navigate the digital marketing landscape through events, research and advisory services. The L2 Digital IQ Index® is the largest and most robust study of its kind. Rankings are published annually across industries including Fashion, Sportswear, Watches & Jewelry, Beauty, Travel, and Fragrance. For more information, visit: http://www.l2thinktank.com SapientNitro SapientNitro SM, part of Sapient® (NASDAQ: SAPE), is an integrated marketing and technology services firm. We create and engineer highly relevant experiences that accelerate business growth and fuel brand advocacy for our clients. By combining multi-channel marketing, multi-channel commerce, and the technology that binds them, we influence customer behavior across the spectrum of content, communication and commerce channels, resulting in deeper, more meaningful relationships between customers and brands. SapientNitro services global leaders such as Chrysler, Citi, The Coca-Cola Company, Lufthansa, Target and Vodafone through our operations in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. For more information, visit www.sapientnitro.com. STELLAService is an independent company that rates the customer service performance of online businesses by becoming the customer themselves and objectively evaluating every part of the shopping experience. For more information, visit www.stellaservice.com.