- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 30.76% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 41.42% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- MYERS INDUSTRIES INC has improved earnings per share by 30.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, MYERS INDUSTRIES INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.71 versus -$1.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.93 versus $0.71).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Containers & Packaging industry and the overall market, MYERS INDUSTRIES INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for MYERS INDUSTRIES INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.60%. Regardless of MYE's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.10% trails the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free download now.