Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Transocean ( RIG) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Transocean fell $1.54 (-3.2%) to $46.60 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6.1 million shares of Transocean exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of three million shares. The stock ranged in price between $46.16-$47.64 after having opened the day at $47.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.14. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Geokinetics ( GOK), down 8.3%, Ivanhoe Energy ( IVAN), down 7.6%, Lucas Energy ( LEI), down 6.4%, and KiOR ( KIOR), down 6.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Transocean Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.