Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Pioneer Natural Resources Company ( PXD) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Pioneer Natural Resources Company fell $1.24 (-1.3%) to $96.02 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of Pioneer Natural Resources Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in price between $95.94-$97.38 after having opened the day at $97.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $97.26. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: AuRico Gold ( AUQ), down 20.7%, Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), down 10.6%, Lizhan Environmental ( LZEN), down 9%, and Metabolix ( MBLX), down 8.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Pioneer Natural Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.