- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,615.00 million or 12.77% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.51%.
- The gross profit margin for CANADIAN NATURAL RESOURCES is rather high; currently it is at 57.00%. Regardless of CNQ's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CNQ's net profit margin of 19.70% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.36, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.37 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- CANADIAN NATURAL RESOURCES's earnings per share declined by 19.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past two years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CANADIAN NATURAL RESOURCES increased its bottom line by earning $2.40 versus $1.56 in the prior year.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free download now.