Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Ingersoll-Rand ( IR) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Ingersoll-Rand rose 68 cents (1.5%) to $46.76 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.8 million shares of Ingersoll-Rand exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $45.93-$46.90 after having opened the day at $46.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.08. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), up 18.6%, MagneGas Corporation ( MNGAD), up 18.6%, Esterline Technologies ( ESL), up 13%, and A.M. Castle ( CAS), up 9.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Ingersoll-Rand Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.