Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Franklin Resources ( BEN) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Franklin Resources fell $1.19 (-1%) to $116.87 on light volume. Throughout the day, 426,223 shares of Franklin Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 893,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $116.27-$117.56 after having opened the day at $117.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $118.06. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Ampal-American Israel Corporation ( AMPL), down 25.6%, Roberts Realty Investors ( RPI), down 11.6%, American Spectrum Realty ( AQQ), down 8.9%, and Life Partners Holdings ( LPHI), down 8.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Franklin Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.