Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Ecolab ( ECL) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Ecolab fell $1.11 (-1.7%) to $64.01 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Ecolab exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $63.94-$64.88 after having opened the day at $64.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.12. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Vera Bradley ( VRA), down 8.8%, Bridgford Foods Corporation ( BRID), down 5.5%, K-Swiss ( KSWS), down 5.2%, and Furniture Brands International ( FBN), down 4.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Ecolab Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.