- Entertainment was the third leading mobile advertising vertical on the Millennial Media platform, ranked by spend. From 2010 to 2011, ad spend in the vertical grew 133 percent.
- The amount of entertainment content accessed on mobile devices increased 82 percent from December 2010 to December 2011.
- Campaigns promoting theatrical releases made up 43 percent of all entertainment campaigns on the Millennial Media platform.
- Hispanic consumers are 39 percent more likely to view mobile entertainment content than the overall smartphone audience. African-American consumers are 10 percent more likely.
- The top audiences entertainment advertisers targeted were “Movie Buffs,” “Entertainment Fans” and “Music Fans.”
- Compared to the overall smartphone audience, the mobile entertainment audience is 22 percent more likely to own a tablet.
The insights in the report are based upon a study commissioned with comScore, and observations from thousands of mobile ad campaigns run across the Millennial Media platform.Visit http://www.millennialmedia.com/mobile-intelligence/mobile-intel-series/ to download the complete free report and all the charts and graphic files contained in the report. About Millennial Media Millennial Media is the leading independent mobile advertising platform company. Our technology, tools and services help app developers and mobile website publishers to maximize their advertising revenue, acquire users for their apps and gain insight about their users. We offer advertisers significant audience reach, sophisticated targeting capabilities and the ability to deliver rich and engaging ad experiences to consumers on their mobile connected devices. Visit www.millennialmedia.com for more information.