Millennial Media (NYSE: MM), the independent leader in mobile advertising and data, today released its fourth report in the Mobile Intel Series, the most comprehensive vertical advertising guides in mobile. Produced in conjunction with comScore, the report contains a detailed look at mobile advertising in the Entertainment industry, and follows previous Mobile Intel Series reports on the Retail, Automotive and Finance verticals. The Mobile Intel Series: Entertainment report showcases how entertainment marketers utilize mobile advertising through every stage of the purchase funnel, and contains insights from the entertainment industry that marketers across every vertical can leverage to maximize mobile advertising to drive campaign objectives. The report provides insight into how consumers engage with entertainment content, and highlights the shift in behavior from relying on traditional local channels to accessing information through their mobile devices. Whether an advertiser is looking to drive TV tune in, DVD pre-orders or awareness around movie showtimes, they are using numerous tactics to reach and engage consumers. One popular method called out in the report is mobile video, which was used in over 70 percent of all entertainment campaigns on the Millennial Media platform. Additionally, the report found that over 25 percent of all entertainment campaigns gave consumers the ability to purchase an item directly from their mobile device through mCommerce, which was more than double the overall mobile average. Other highlights in the report include:
- Entertainment was the third leading mobile advertising vertical on the Millennial Media platform, ranked by spend. From 2010 to 2011, ad spend in the vertical grew 133 percent.
- The amount of entertainment content accessed on mobile devices increased 82 percent from December 2010 to December 2011.
- Campaigns promoting theatrical releases made up 43 percent of all entertainment campaigns on the Millennial Media platform.
- Hispanic consumers are 39 percent more likely to view mobile entertainment content than the overall smartphone audience. African-American consumers are 10 percent more likely.
- The top audiences entertainment advertisers targeted were “Movie Buffs,” “Entertainment Fans” and “Music Fans.”
- Compared to the overall smartphone audience, the mobile entertainment audience is 22 percent more likely to own a tablet.
The insights in the report are based upon a study commissioned with comScore, and observations from thousands of mobile ad campaigns run across the Millennial Media platform.Visit http://www.millennialmedia.com/mobile-intelligence/mobile-intel-series/ to download the complete free report and all the charts and graphic files contained in the report. About Millennial Media Millennial Media is the leading independent mobile advertising platform company. Our technology, tools and services help app developers and mobile website publishers to maximize their advertising revenue, acquire users for their apps and gain insight about their users. We offer advertisers significant audience reach, sophisticated targeting capabilities and the ability to deliver rich and engaging ad experiences to consumers on their mobile connected devices. Visit www.millennialmedia.com for more information.