Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Motorola Solutions ( MSI) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Motorola Solutions rose 54 cents (1.1%) to $48.13 on light volume. Throughout the day, one million shares of Motorola Solutions exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $47.56-$48.19 after having opened the day at $47.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.59. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Powerwave Technologies ( PWAV), up 23.1%, Acme Packet ( APKT), up 10.4%, Globalstar Incorporated ( GSAT), up 6.9%, and Ubiquiti Networks ( UBNT), up 6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Motorola Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.