Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation ( AMTD) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation rose 18 cents (1.1%) to $16.85 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.63-$16.91 after having opened the day at $16.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.67. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Security National Financial Corporation ( SNFCA), up 11.8%, Value Line ( VALU), up 7%, Direct Markets Holdings ( MKTS), up 5.8%, and SWS Group ( SWS), up 4.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full TD Ameritrade Holding Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.