- Remote Support of iOS Devices : IT professionals now have the ability to provide support for iPad and iPhone users and their mobile devices via optimized chat, as well as the ability to conduct secure chat sessions, update profiles and configure device settings remotely. Profiles created with the iPhone Configuration Utility can also be shared to troubleshoot problems and set business policies.
- GoToAssist for Android – free remote support app : IT professionals can deliver live support anytime, anywhere directly from their Android mobile device, instantly connecting to their clients’ computers at no cost. In addition, GoToAssist paid subscribers receive the added benefits of access to unattended machines, diagnostic viewing and other support tools.
- Updated GoToAssist App for iPad : In the new version, paid subscribers can now view diagnostic information about the computer supported, email the .TXT file of all the diagnostic reports, and transfer support sessions started from the GoToAssist Expert desktop application to the GoToAssist app for iPad (and vice versa).
- Session Recording : This new optional recording feature captures active support and chat sessions for auditing and training, enabling better monitoring of technician effectiveness and customer support. Recordings are stored for 90 days in standard downloadable MPEG-4 format.
- Language support: International versions of GoToAssist Remote Support and Monitoring are now available in French and German.
Quotes:“IDC expects to see growing demand for cloud-based, remote support tools, primarily driven by the continuing increase in mobile device adoption and the complex software required to enable that adoption across all devices. Support providers must focus on delivering efficient, effective live support to resolve problems quickly and enable a superior customer experience. Support delivery tools like GoToAssist from Citrix that are easy to use, highly scalable, and available from and to a range of mobile devices can help IT professionals looking to provide a high level of support in an increasingly mobile world.” Elaina Stergiades, Research Manager, Software Support Services, IDC “GoToAssist is a one-stop shop. I can do so much with a couple clicks of my mouse. I can remotely connect into my client’s machines quickly and provide service with no problems. With the mobile support features, I can be even more responsive. The session recording will be great for trainings or for clients that want more detail on the resolution history – we plan to include this as another value added service. I truly love the service.” Goran Donev, Owner, Donev Technology Consulting (Chicago, Illinois) “At Hume City Council, we’ve been using Citrix GoToAssist Corporate and FastChat for the last 12 months as a way to provide a faster and more effective response to inquiries from residents and businesses. With the rapid growth in the use of tablets and other mobile devices, our customers are now requesting easier channels of communication and self-service through these devices. The latest iOS device support introduced in GoToAssist is definitely something that we would look at using in order to provide a faster and more convenient resolution to inquiries.” Jo McCray, Customer Service Manager, Hume City Council (Melbourne, Australia) “With GoToAssist, we are able to provide effective remote support across the company with minimum disruption to end-users. Unlike other solutions, where the user has to be there and watch us do our work, GoToAssist allows us to undertake remote diagnostic and repair work without the need to involve the user. The additional mobile support features enables us to support the growing number of smartphones and tablets in our business. It’s this flexibility and focus on delivering fast, effective support that means GoToAssist remains embedded within our business.” Peter Maljaars, Global IT Services and Infrastructure Manager, O’Neill (Warmond, The Netherlands)
“Providing onsite technical support to our widely dispersed customers became too costly, particularly when we spent two days’ time traveling to provide one day or sometimes only a couple hours of service. We now use GoToAssist Corporate to provide remote support from any location at any time. The added mobile device support is also valuable as I bring my tablet with me everywhere I go in case of emergencies. The product saves us, and our customers, time and money. We are more efficient and productive. It’s so easy to use.” Allan Bacero, Support Manager, Solver, Inc. (Los Angeles, California).Related Links
- Citrix Recognized as Community Choice Honoree in 2012 Small Business Influencer Award
- Supporting Mobile Devices with New Tools From GoToAssist
- Session Recording with GoToAssist
- CitrixSynergy 2012: Celebrating 10 Years of GoToAssist Remote Support
- Citrix Provides New Support Capabilities for Mobile and Social Workstyles with Its Award-Winning GoToAssist
- Citrix GoToAssist Has Fastest Remote Support Connection Times in Head-to-Head Industry Comparison
- www.citrix.com, www.citrixonline.com and www.gotoassist.com
- Twitter: @Citrix, @CitrixOnline, @GoToAssist
- Citrix on Facebook, GoToAssist on Facebook
- Workshifting blog: http://workshifting.com/