Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. MSC Industrial Direct ( MSM) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, MSC Industrial Direct fell $1.13 (-1.6%) to $69.56 on light volume. Throughout the day, 391,983 shares of MSC Industrial Direct exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 635,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $69.45-$70.91 after having opened the day at $70.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.69. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: China Auto Logistics ( CALI), down 6.1%, Shengkai Innovations ( VALV), down 3.1%, Coast Distribution System ( CRV), down 2.7%, and Commercial Vehicle Group ( CVGI), down 2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full MSC Industrial Direct Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.