Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Applied Materials ( AMAT) pushed the Electronics industry lower today making it today's featured Electronics laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Applied Materials fell 15 cents (-1.3%) to $11.62 on average volume. Throughout the day, 12.7 million shares of Applied Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $11.59-$11.80 after having opened the day at $11.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.77. Other companies within the Electronics industry that declined today were: Dynasil Corporation of America ( DYSL), down 6.7%, Silicon Motion Technology Corporation ( SIMO), down 6.1%, Spire Corporation ( SPIR), down 5.9%, and Applied Biosystems Incorporated ( ABI), down 5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Applied Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.