Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Newell Rubbermaid ( NWL) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Newell Rubbermaid fell 36 cents (-2%) to $17.29 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.4 million shares of Newell Rubbermaid exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of three million shares. The stock ranged in price between $17.25-$17.67 after having opened the day at $17.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.65. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Global-Tech Advanced Innovations ( GAI), down 8.1%, Elecsys Corporation ( ESYS), down 6%, Furniture Brands International ( FBN), down 3.8%, and Kid Brands ( KID), down 3.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Newell Rubbermaid Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.