VMware Executive Quote:Bogomil Balkansky, Senior Vice President, Cloud Infrastructure Products, VMware "Backup and recovery is a critical element of virtualization implementations. Our selection of EMC Avamar technology enables us to deliver better backup and recovery capabilities directly from the VMware vSphere ® platform. VMware vSphere Data Protection™ represents a tremendous value-add for our customers and delivers yet another point of differentiation for vSphere 5.1." Industry Analyst Quote: David Vellante, Co-founder, The Wikibon Project "The inclusion of Avamar technology into VMware vSphere 5.1 delivers a robust and highly integrated virtual backup and recovery capability that's easy to use. Smaller businesses and departments within larger organizations are the primary beneficiaries of this initial release, as well those who are at the outset of their virtualization journey. VMware has clearly taken virtual backup and recovery to the next level with this valuable addition to its platform." EMC Executive Quote: William "BJ" Jenkins, President, EMC Backup Recovery Systems Division "EMC has established a market leading pedigree in the backup and recovery space with its Avamar, Data Domain ® and NetWorker ® products. Avamar deduplication software and system has garnered tremendous acceptance in the VMware user community as an enterprise backup and recovery solution that's specifically optimized for VMware environments. The inclusion of Avamar capabilities into VMware vSphere ® Data Protection™ helps ensure that VMware users always have a highly effective tool for virtual machine protection today and into the future." Additional Resources:
- For continuous news and event updates for EMC at VMworld ®, follow EMC on Twitter at @CloudEMC and @EMCCorp and join the conversations using #EMC and #VMworld.
- Follow EMC backup on Twitter: @EMCbackup.
- To view highlight videos, interviews and more, like EMC on Facebook.
- Like EMCBackup on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/EMCbackup.
- For continuous updates on VMworld news, follow VMware on Twitter @vmworld, VMworld Blog (vmworld.com/blogs/vmworld/), VMworld TV (vmworld.com/community/vmworldtv/)
- For updates on backup and BCDR follow VMware @vmwareuptime and read VMware vSphere Uptime Blog ( http://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/uptime)
- Like VMware on Facebook at facebook.com/vmware