Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. WellCare Health Plans ( WCG) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, WellCare Health Plans fell $1.07 (-1.9%) to $55.49 on average volume. Throughout the day, 881,051 shares of WellCare Health Plans exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $54.68-$56.34 after having opened the day at $56.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.56. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Neuralstem ( CUR), down 16.3%, Kips Bay Medical ( KIPS), down 12.7%, Peregrine Pharmaceuticals ( PPHM), down 10.8%, and Dynatronics Corporation ( DYNT), down 8.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full WellCare Health Plans Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.