Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Rockwood Holdings ( ROC) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Rockwood Holdings rose $1.60 (3.4%) to $48.49 on average volume. Throughout the day, 959,885 shares of Rockwood Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 854,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.66-$48.62 after having opened the day at $46.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.89. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), up 10.4%, Senomyx ( SNMX), up 5.2%, Altair Nanotechnologies ( ALTI), up 4.6%, and Yongye International ( YONG), up 4.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Rockwood Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.