Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Randgold Resources ( GOLD) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Randgold Resources rose $1.71 (1.7%) to $100.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 605,095 shares of Randgold Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 687,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $99.84-$102.25 after having opened the day at $100.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $98.82. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Avino Silver & Gold Mines ( ASM), up 11.6%, Keegan Resources ( KGN), up 10.9%, Solitario Exploration & Royalty ( XPL), up 10.2%, and Entree Gold ( EGI), up 8.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Randgold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.