Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Royal Bank of Canada ( RY) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Royal Bank of Canada fell 58 cents (-1.1%) to $53.96 on light volume. Throughout the day, 372,156 shares of Royal Bank of Canada exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 699,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $53.69-$54.33 after having opened the day at $54.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.54. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: Atlantic Coast Financial ( ACFC), down 8.5%, Credit Suisse ( UOIL), down 7.8%, PSB Holdings ( PSBH), down 6.6%, and Plumas Bancorp ( PLBC), down 6.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Royal Bank of Canada Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.