Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. AvalonBay Communities ( AVB) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, AvalonBay Communities rose $1.75 (1.2%) to $143.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 846,570 shares of AvalonBay Communities exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 628,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $140.73-$143.57 after having opened the day at $141.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $141.55. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Penson Worldwide ( PNSN), up 33.2%, Anchor Bancorp ( ANCB), up 15.3%, Millennium India Acquisition Corporation ( SMCG), up 11.1%, and Stewardship Financial Corporation ( SSFN), up 10.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full AvalonBay Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.