Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Kirby ( KEX) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Kirby fell $1.43 (-2.6%) to $53.22 on average volume. Throughout the day, 686,320 shares of Kirby exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 692,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $52.25-$55.08 after having opened the day at $54.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.65. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: DS Torm ( TRMD), down 6.9%, Frontline ( FRO), down 4.7%, Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), down 4.3%, and Globus Maritime ( GLBS), down 3.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Kirby Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.