ShoreTel® (NASDAQ: SHOR), the leading provider of brilliantly simple premise and cloud-based business phone system and communication solutions with fully integrated unified communications (UC), continues to provide communication tools that enhance the ability of one of our largest vertical markets – professional services – to compete head-on in today’s market and address rising client expectations. Many law firms have leveraged the brilliantly simple ShoreTel UC system with their legal services software to facilitate convenient and accurate processes. Additionally, ShoreTel's support of open standards gives law firms the flexibility to integrate leading applications into their business communications systems. This blends the century-old traditions and exceptional client relationships of legal counsel with progressive and technology-savvy business methods. “We have two types of employees at Burr & Forman. We have one group who is used to physical phones at the desk, and a newer generation who prefers instant messaging and softphones. We wanted an easier approach to share information, especially for lawyers who travel to depositions, hotels, meetings, and such. Having disparate communications systems is just too expensive and hard to maintain, and really limits what capabilities can be introduced,” explains David S. Michel, the chief information officer at Burr & Forman. “Successful communication is the core of any service industry – especially so within the legal profession. Without it, the needs of a client can be jeopardized and customer satisfaction threatened,” said Kevin Gavin, chief marketing officer at ShoreTel. “ShoreTel provides a streamlined communication system that can be easily customized, which results in better time management and tracking – criteria which are critical to the legal industry.” Law firms around the world are finding a competitive edge by replacing business-as-usual with new thinking, and choosing ShoreTel to handle their integrated business communication. For example:
- “We were looking for greater efficiencies, for seamless and flexible communications, and a newer, fresher way to collaborate for better results. We chose ShoreTel for its ease of use, simplicity, total cost of ownership, disaster recovery, and cost savings.”- David S. Michel, chief information officer, Burr & Forman
- “We’ve moved from Nortel to ShoreTel, resulting in new services being available to our employees at lower cost and backed by ShoreTel’s tremendous support. There is no question that the ShoreTel system provided a lower TCO. We've also been able to recognize increased productivity through ShoreTel features that were extra cost items from other vendors and reduced carrier costs through the use of SIP trunks. And for the most important value benefit we have a lot of very happy users who feel they have a telephone system that provides them capabilities that were not previously available.”- Kevin J. Sullivan, Director of Technology, Cohen & Grigsby, P.C.
- “Four years ago, our [phone] system was at maximum capacity. ShoreTel arrived with a demo kit that was easily set up onsite, showing us how easy the system was to operate. And now we have just deployed a virtual receptionist using video with our ShoreTel client thanks to the savings from such a low total cost of ownership.”- Roland Hundley, director of information technology, McAngus Goudelock and Courie LLC
- “We opted for the ShoreTel UC system as it not only proved to be the most scalable and easy to manage, but also offered an all-inclusive cluster licensing…the ShoreTel licensing model bundled all features, necessary hardware and supporting costs together and proved to be the most cost-effective system.”- Stephen Brown, IT Director, Higgs & Sons
- “SGH Martineau is similar to many multi-site, multi-practice law firms in that we grapple with the challenges of keeping our staff within easy reach of clients, without sacrificing on cost capture information. ShoreTel impressed with its ability to integrate with our current technologies, thanks to its open API and will now provide the firm with the ability to provide clients with a single number that directly links them with their contact or the relevant Personal Assistant.”- Dean Hill-Jowett, IT Director, SGH Martineau.
- “Our multiple location firm manages a large number of inbound calls every day. We are able to leverage the power of our cloud-based phone solution from ShoreTel by routing incoming calls to a single location. Operators use the Phone Assistant application to easily transfer calls to the correct person, regardless of where they are located. The capabilities of our phone system help us operate more efficiently and better manage our resources, while still providing the outstanding level of service that our clients deserve.”- Matt Funk, Pasternack, Tilker, Ziegler, Walsh, Stanton & Romano, LLP
Related Links & Conversationbusiness phones systems and unified communications (UC). With its award-winning premise-based IP phone system with integrated unified communications, contact center capabilities, and its proven hosted VoIP services, organizations of all sizes can select the best option for their needs. ShoreTel’s ongoing mission is to eliminate costly complexity and give customers the 24/7 freedom to leverage rich voice, video, data and mobile unified communications capabilities they need. ShoreTel is based in Sunnyvale, California, and has regional offices in Austin, Texas; Rochester and New York, N.Y.; Chicago, Ill.; Maidenhead, United Kingdom; Sydney, Australia; and Singapore. For more information, visit www.shoretel.com.