Everyday many government and military customers face situations where they must quickly deploy and establish operations in non-traditional office settings. Dell helps to remove any of these barriers to adoption by offering a powerful solution that meets the strict compliance and security standards government customers require.Dell’s DVS-Gov solution provides government workers with a powerful IT framework that allows IT administrators to manage operations more effectively and securely in a central point through virtual machines. DVS-Gov helps those customers to quickly access their information around the world giving them the ability to operate just as effectively in remote environments anywhere, anytime. Features of the DVS-Gov solution include:
- An easily scalable solution developed for customers with 50 to 50,000 users or a simple single-server offering for a branch office.
- Built on Dell’s DVS-Enterprise or Simplified Platforms: Dell has tested and validated its solutions with over 75,000 hours in the lab, and can provide the right solution quickly.
- Wyse Technology validated: With Dell Wyse’s thin and zero clients, customers get superior security and zero-touch manageability. Dell has validated several models specifically with this solution, to ensure optimal function.
- Context aware security, in partnership with AppSense: When workers can access data from anywhere, new security issues can emerge. Dell’s integration of this software allows customers to be very specific around where and when various applications and data can be accessed, where and on what devices ports and media drives can be accessed, and when features like copy paste and print screen are acceptable.
- CAC Card Integration, in partnership with ActivIdentity: Dell has taken the step of integrating Smart/CAC Cards into its solution up front, saving most agencies the time and trouble of doing it themselves.
- OCONUS and U.S.-based support options: Regardless of specialty support needs, Dell will provide support services for the full solution, not just the piece parts.
- Compliance Standards: All components of this solution are certified to have compliance with the following basic standards: TAA, IPv6, Energy Star, VPAT.
- Customer Managed: Dell implements the integrated solution stack at the customer location and turns over all management of operations, monitoring and incident resolution to the customer after the deployment is completed. Dell ProSupport provides issue resolution for any component of the fully integrated solution.
- Custom: The customer purchases Dell hardware, software, and/or services such as design and implementation for building a virtual desktop environment within the customer’s data center. The customer has the opportunity to take advantage of best practices documented in Dell validated reference architectures or leverage Dell Consulting to create a custom architecture.
Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.