Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Waste Management ( WM) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Waste Management fell $1.06 (-3%) to $34.60 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7.8 million shares of Waste Management exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.88-$34.99 after having opened the day at $34.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.66. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: American Woodmark Corporation ( AMWD), down 11.9%, TRC Companies ( TRR), down 6.3%, India Globalization Capital ( IGC), down 4.6%, and KB Home ( KBH), down 4.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Waste Management Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.