Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Franklin Resources ( BEN) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Franklin Resources fell $1.21 (-1%) to $118.72 on light volume. Throughout the day, 579,720 shares of Franklin Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of one million shares. The stock ranged in price between $118.50-$119.91 after having opened the day at $119.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $119.93. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Penson Worldwide ( PNSN), down 18.1%, Direct Markets Holdings ( MKTS), down 9.6%, Credit Suisse ( DSLV), down 7.7%, and Ampal-American Israel Corporation ( AMPL), down 6.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Franklin Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.