Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Public Storage ( PSA) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Public Storage fell $2.81 (-1.9%) to $142.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 909,905 shares of Public Storage exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 696,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $141.76-$144.49 after having opened the day at $143.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $145.39. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Life Partners Holdings ( LPHI), down 33.2%, Penson Worldwide ( PNSN), down 18.1%, Institutional Financial Markets ( IFMI), down 16%, and Impac Mortgage Holdings ( IMH), down 13.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Public Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.