Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Varian Medical Systems ( VAR) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Varian Medical Systems rose 93 cents (1.6%) to $59.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of Varian Medical Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $58.70-$60.07 after having opened the day at $58.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.98. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Rosetta Genomics ( ROSG), up 23.4%, Coventry Health Care ( CVH), up 20.3%, Cormedix ( CRMD), up 19.8%, and Repros Therapeutics ( RPRX), up 15.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Varian Medical Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.