MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Aug. 8, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Complete Genomics, Inc. (Nasdaq:GNOM), the whole human genome sequencing company, today announced financial results for its fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2012. Second Quarter 2012 Result s
- We delivered data for approximately 2,200 genomes, including approximately 100 non-revenue generating genomes for our clinical validation study with the Mayo Clinic and our cancer grant programs.
- We recognized revenue for more than 2,100 genomes, including approximately 200 genomes that had shipped but were awaiting recognition at the end of the first quarter.
- Revenue was $8.7 million, compared to $5.9 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- Costs and operating expenses were $26.8 million, compared to $20.8 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- Net loss was $18.8 million, compared to $16.0 million in the second quarter of 2011.