More From TravelsinTaste
|CUT: A Cut Above the Rest|
|SHO Shaun Hergatt: The Financial District Finally Gets Fine Dining Right|
|New York's Best Seafood, Courtesy of New York's Best Chef: James Beard Award Winner Eric Ripert|
- Classic limoncello: A faithful interpretation of Italy's famous after-dinner liqueur. Perfected for years and paired with a coconut macaroon, Scarmiglia's recipe transports guests to the heart of Italy with just one taste.
- Tangerinecello: For something fruity with a kick. The 'cello master takes a unique approach with the cookies petit four by baking them with polenta, bringing the flavors of the dessert and the 'cello together in perfect harmony.
- Berrycello: Scarmiglia's Berrycello brings fresh berry taste to life with a kick. The raspberry vacherin and creme anglaise served alongside heighten the berry flavor, creating an explosion of tastes that would delight anyone's palate.
- Cocoacello: "Who doesn't love chocolate?" Scarmiglia asks of his Cocoacello, which is paired with cocoa nib cookies. For those pining for vanilla, though, there's no need to skip this one. To enhance flavor and smoothness of certain 'cellos, Scarmiglia recommends adding a dash of vanilla; in this case, the detail perfects this chocolate-infused concoction.
- Trufflecello: The most requested flavor on the menu. The classic sweetness of limoncello reaches new heights when complemented by earthy undertones of the elusive umami. Scarmiglia further plays on foodies' love for truffle mushrooms by pairing it with a truffle chocolate brownie.