PG&E ( PCG) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, PG&E fell 61 cents (-1.4%) to $44.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.8 million shares of PG&E exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $44.28-$45.05 after having opened the day at $44.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.91. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Transportadora de Gas del Sur ( TGS), down 4.3%, GreenHunter Energy ( GRH), down 3.8%, Distribution and Marketing Company of the N ( EDN), down 3.6%, and Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), down 3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full PG&E Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.