NetEase ( NTES) pushed the Internet industry lower today making it today's featured Internet laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, NetEase fell $8.62 (-14.8%) to $49.56 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5.6 million shares of NetEase exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 671,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.42-$53.75 after having opened the day at $53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.18. Other companies within the Internet industry that declined today were: Facebook Inc Class A ( FB), down 6.3%, Groupon ( GRPN), down 6%, Local Corporation ( LOCM), down 4.3%, and BroadVision ( BVSN), down 3.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full NetEase Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.