EQT ( EQT) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, EQT rose 89 cents (1.6%) to $56.07 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of EQT exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $55-$56.29 after having opened the day at $55.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.18. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: China Hydroelectric Corporation ( CHC), up 15.3%, Pure Cycle Corporation ( PCYO), up 2.9%, Basic Sanitation Company of the State of Sa ( SBS), up 2.8%, and Connecticut Water Service ( CTWS), up 2.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full EQT Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.