Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. Ford Motor ( F) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Ford Motor rose 10 cents (1.1%) to $9.59 on average volume. Throughout the day, 34 million shares of Ford Motor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 42.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $9.49-$9.67 after having opened the day at $9.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.49. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: ATC Venture Group ( ATC), up 13.3%, General Motors ( GM), up 5.9%, Commercial Vehicle Group ( CVGI), up 5.4%, and Douglas Dynamics ( PLOW), up 4.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Ford Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.