ShoreTel® (Nasdaq: SHOR), the leading provider of brilliantly simple premise and cloud-based business phone system and communication solutions with fully integrated unified communications (UC), today announced that the ShoreTel Unified Communication solution for SMB Offerings received a “Strong Positive,” the highest possible rating given, in Gartner’s report titled “MarketScope for Unified Communications for the SMB Market, North America.” Gartner's MarketScope provides specific guidance for users who are deploying, or have deployed, products or services. Per the report, this MarketScope focuses on the premises-based (or infrastructure-based) UC market for SMBs. For the purposes of this MarketScope, an SMB is defined as having between 20 and 499 employees. “What makes ShoreTel successful is our focus on clear product differentiation, low total cost of ownership and our dedicated commitment to customer satisfaction,” said Peter Blackmore, CEO of ShoreTel. “Our SMB customers around the world are already reaping the benefits of ShoreTel’s brilliantly simple unified communications solution. We believe receiving Gartner’s highest rating possible, ‘Strong Positive,’ confirms our continued growth position in the market and shows our focus on delivering a brilliant simplicity experience is working.” Ratings
- Strong Positive: Is viewed as a provider of strategic products, services or solutions.Customers: Continue with planned investments.Potential customers: Consider this vendor a strong choice for strategic investments.
- Positive: Demonstrates strength in specific areas, but execution in one or more areas may still be developing or inconsistent with other areas of performance.Customers: Continue planned investments.Potential customers: Consider this vendor a viable choice for strategic or tactical investments, while planning for known limitations.
- Promising: Shows potential in specific areas; however, execution is inconsistent.Customers: Consider the short- and long-term impact of possible changes in status.Potential customers: Plan for and be aware of issues and opportunities related to the evolution and maturity of this vendor.
- Caution: Faces challenges in one or more areas.Customers: Understand challenges in relevant areas, and develop contingency plans based on risk tolerance and possible business impact.Potential customers: Account for the vendor's challenges as part of due diligence.
- Strong Negative: Has difficulty responding to problems in multiple areas.Customers: Execute risk mitigation plans and contingency options.Potential customers: Consider this vendor only for tactical investment with short-term, rapid payback.
Gartner MarketScope DisclaimerGartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Related Links & Conversation business phones systems and unified communications (UC). With its award-winning premise-based IP phone system with integrated unified communications, contact center capabilities, and its proven hosted VoIP services, organizations of all sizes can select the best option for their needs. ShoreTel’s ongoing mission is to eliminate costly complexity and give customers the 24/7 freedom to leverage rich voice, video, data and mobile unified communications capabilities they need. ShoreTel is based in Sunnyvale, California, and has regional offices in Austin, Texas; Rochester and New York, N.Y.; Chicago, Ill.; Maidenhead, United Kingdom; Sydney, Australia; and Singapore. For more information, visit www.shoretel.com.