- Completion of the scoping phase of the federal permitting process, including public meetings. Base line studies are complete and JBR Environmental, a third-party consulting firm, is currently preparing a draft version of the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
- Selection of Jacobs Engineering Group for front-end engineering of mine related infrastructure including project buildings, roads, electrical and water supply. Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of engineering, technical, and construction services. Forbes Magazine ranked Jacobs one of the top three engineering and construction companies in 13 of the last 14 years.
- Acquisition of adequate water rights for mineral processing and completion of a production size water well and five monitor wells.
- Completion of engineering for the heap leach pad and ponds by SRK Consulting.
- Completion of engineering design and permitting for a new access road and selection of a contractor.
- Selection of Summit Valley Technologies (SV), a division of FL Smidth, to provide gold recovery equipment for the processing plant. SV is a world-wide leader for supplying gold recovery equipment.
- Ongoing large scale column tests to determine gold recovery amounts from larger size material which could reduce crushing requirements and lower capital costs.
- Ongoing diamond drilling for crusher site characterization, reverse circulation drilling to test deep exploration targets, and follow-up condemnation drilling beneath proposed mine facilities.
Midway Gold Corp. ("Midway" or the "Company") (MDW:TSX-V; MDW: NYSE-MKT) today announced that engineering and permitting activities continue to advance at a rapid pace at its 100%-owned Pan heap leach gold project located in White Pine County, Nevada. Recent project development activities include: