Akamai Technologies ( AKAM) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Akamai Technologies rose $1.36 (3.8%) to $36.80 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5.1 million shares of Akamai Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.50-$37.38 after having opened the day at $35.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.44. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Kingtone Wirelessinfo Solution ( KONE), up 30.9%, Wave Systems Corporation ( WAVX), up 29.3%, Alpha & Omega Semiconductor ( AOSL), up 18.7%, and Dynasil Corporation of America ( DYSL), up 18.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Akamai Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.