Host Hotels & Resorts ( HST) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Host Hotels & Resorts rose 21 cents (1.4%) to $15.39 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4.6 million shares of Host Hotels & Resorts exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.14-$15.41 after having opened the day at $15.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.18. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Impac Mortgage Holdings ( IMH), up 87%, ZipRealty ( ZIPR), up 11%, American Spectrum Realty ( AQQ), up 10.3%, and Vestin Realty Mortgage II ( VRTB), up 9.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Host Hotels Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.