BB&T ( BBT) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, BB&T rose 33 cents (1.1%) to $31.88 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of BB&T exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.37-$31.94 after having opened the day at $31.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.55. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Impac Mortgage Holdings ( IMH), up 87%, Credit Suisse ( UOIL), up 39.2%, Central Federal ( CFBK), up 36.6%, and Security National Financial Corporation ( SNFCA), up 34.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full BB&T Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.