Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Flotek Industries (NYSE: FTK) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 2.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 40.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 525.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 72.28% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, FTK should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- FLOTEK INDUSTRIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FLOTEK INDUSTRIES INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.54 versus -$1.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.78 versus $0.54).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income increased by 519.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2.13 million to $13.18 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, FLOTEK INDUSTRIES INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff