- Record oil production of 285,000 Bbl, a sequential quarterly increase of 43% from 200,000 Bbl produced in the first quarter of 2012 and a year-over-year increase of almost six-fold from 51,000 Bbl produced in the second quarter of 2011.
- Record average daily oil equivalent production of 8,740 BOE per day, including 3,130 Bbl of oil per day and 33.6 MMcf of natural gas per day.
- Record total realized revenues of $40.8 million including $4.7 million in realized gain on derivatives, a year-over-year increase of 87% from total realized revenues of $21.8 million including $1.0 million in realized gain on derivatives reported for the second quarter of 2011.
- Record oil and natural gas revenues of $36.1 million, a year-over-year increase of 73% from $20.9 million reported for the second quarter of 2011.
- Record Adjusted EBITDA of $27.9 million, a year-over-year increase of 82% from $15.3 million reported for the second quarter of 2011.
- Revised 2012 annual oil production guidance downward to 1.2 to 1.4 million barrels from 1.4 to 1.5 million barrels, effective as of the date of this release, but otherwise reaffirmed previous guidance.
- Acquired approximately 2,800 gross and net acres prospective for the Eagle Ford shale play and other targets near existing leasehold in LaSalle, Gonzales and Wilson Counties.
- Acquired approximately 4,900 gross and 2,900 net acres prospective for the Wolfbone play in the Delaware Basin in Loving County, Texas on August 10, 2012.
Matador Resources Company (NYSE: MTDR) ("Matador" or the "Company"), an independent energy company currently focused on the oil and liquids rich portion of the Eagle Ford shale play in South Texas, today reported financial and operating results for the three and six months ended June 30, 2012. Headlines include the following: