Genuine Parts Company ( GPC) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Genuine Parts Company fell 72 cents (-1.1%) to $63.35 on light volume. Throughout the day, 698,587 shares of Genuine Parts Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of one million shares. The stock ranged in price between $63.18-$64.84 after having opened the day at $64.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $64.07. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: Westinghouse Solar ( WEST), down 20.6%, Senomyx ( SNMX), down 5.6%, Olympic Steel ( ZEUS), down 4.7%, and Lawson Products ( LAWS), down 2.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Genuine Parts Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.