PPG Industries ( PPG) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, PPG Industries fell $1.66 (-1.5%) to $108.48 on light volume. Throughout the day, 850,094 shares of PPG Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $108.14-$110.82 after having opened the day at $110.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $110.14. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Cereplast ( CERP), down 8%, American Pacific Corporation ( APFC), down 5.7%, Senomyx ( SNMX), down 5.6%, and Metabolix ( MBLX), down 5.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full PPG Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.