Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras ( PBR.A) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras fell 22 cents (-1.1%) to $20.61 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8.3 million shares of Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $20.51-$20.98 after having opened the day at $20.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.83. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), down 37.1%, Gold Standard Ventures ( GSV), down 26.8%, Royale Energy ( ROYL), down 23.8%, and Dejour Energy ( DEJ), down 18%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.