Genworth Financial ( GNW) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Genworth Financial rose 6 cents (1.4%) to $4.90 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7.7 million shares of Genworth Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $4.83-$5.02 after having opened the day at $4.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $4.83. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: MGIC Investment Corporation ( MTG), up 3.1%, Phoenix Companies ( PNX), up 3.1%, Lincoln National Corp (Radnor ( LNC), up 2.8%, and Willis Group Holdings ( WSH), up 2.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Genworth Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.