W.R. Grace & Company ( GRA) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, W.R. Grace & Company rose $1.07 (1.9%) to $58.49 on average volume. Throughout the day, 940,460 shares of W.R. Grace & Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 902,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $57.77-$58.90 after having opened the day at $57.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.42. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), up 6.4%, Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), up 6.1%, Solazyme ( SZYM), up 5.9%, and Altair Nanotechnologies ( ALTI), up 3.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full W.R. Grace Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.