Encana ( ECA) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Encana rose 45 cents (2%) to $22.60 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4.4 million shares of Encana exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.30-$22.70 after having opened the day at $22.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.15. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: ATP Oil & Gas ( ATPG), up 13.9%, Cobalt International Energy ( CIE), up 13.7%, BPZ Resources ( BPZ), up 11.2%, and Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), up 11.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Encana Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.