- Total revenue increased 71% to $414.9 million from $243.1 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Retail net sales increased 76% to $215.0 million driven by a 37.3% increase in comparable store sales and 76 new store openings since the end of the first quarter last year. Wholesale net sales increased 66% to $182.4 million and licensing revenue increased 61% to $17.5 million.
- Gross profit increased 83% to $251.0 million, and as a percentage of total revenue increased to 60.5% compared to 56.3% in the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Income from operations increased 149% to $111.9 million, and as a percentage of total revenue was 27.0%. This compares to income from operations for the first quarter of fiscal 2012 of $45.0 million, or 18.5% as a percentage of total revenue.
- Net income was $68.6 million, or $0.34 per diluted share, based on 199.4 million weighted average diluted shares outstanding. Net income for the first quarter of fiscal 2012 was $24.1 million, or $0.13 per diluted share, based on 179.2 million weighted average diluted shares outstanding.
- At June 30, 2012, the Company operated 253 retail stores, including concessions, compared to 177 retail stores, including concessions, at the end of the same prior-year period. The Company had 68 additional retail stores, including concessions, operated through licensing partners. Including these, there were 321 Michael Kors stores worldwide at the end of the second quarter.
Michael Kors Holdings Limited (NYSE:KORS) (the “Company”), a global luxury lifestyle brand with a multi-channel strategy, unique design and strong infrastructure, today announced its financial results for the first quarter ended June 30, 2012. John Idol, the Company’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, “We are pleased with the strong start to our fiscal year with a 71% increase in total revenue and 185% growth in net income. Our results demonstrate the strong momentum of the Michael Kors brand and the continued execution of our key growth strategies. Michael Kors’ luxury fashion designs are resonating globally with our customers.” For the first quarter ended June 30, 2012: